Search This Blog

Friday 7 March 2014

The "Job" Thing

It's that time of year. University/College students are a month to two months away from finishing school, either for the year or they're graduating. So what does that mean?

It's time to find a job!

This is also the time when most job postings come up. It's almost overwhelming trying to figure out what job is the right one for you.

You're thinking one thing, your friends or family are telling you another, and the job posting may or may not sound right for you. So how do you choose?

It can be mentally and physically exhausting trying to figure out the whole "job" thing. For most people, they can't afford the wait. Needing the money becomes a priority over what they really want to do.

The advice I'm following right now is finding that happy medium.

I'm going to be finished my second degree at the beginning of May and I need to find a job. I haven't worked since last summer and my money is non existent. It's stressful not having any money, so the push to find a job is weighing heavy on me. So what do I do? I need a full time job but I can't find one.

The solution...term jobs. They pay like a full time job. The hours are like a full time job. The experience is like a full time job. The only difference is that it's for a shorter period of time. Term jobs are a great way to start into the field that you want to get into. The other benefit is that they are usually looking to hire within a few weeks of the job posting.

So this is my advice. If you're not sure where you want to go after school, but you need the job and the experience, look at term jobs. They are more beneficial than you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment